Friday, April 15, 2016

Growing in Grace and Knowledge of our Savior




           I had another post to share with you this morning but I decided to put that on the back burner and instead introduce a series of posts that I hope you will find helpful.

            Here at David’s Hope we believe that the greatest comfort in tragedy is knowing and understanding who God is and his purposes.  I do not want to placate you in the hardest time of your life with silly Christian clichés that provide no real lasting comfort for you and may just leave you with more questions. The truth is the bible is more than sufficient to communicate God’s desires for us amidst tragedy. I am well aware that it is not hard to find a sad story online about how someone overcame their miscarriage and were stronger in the end. That may be true and those stories have their place, but here – I don’t want you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, fight through it, and get over it. I want you to have your hope firmly planted in Christ, the author and finisher of our faith.  You have not sinned your way into this situation, you are not being punished, and God is not looking the other way. I hope that you will check back next week as we begin to unpack some of the harder questions we might have when dealing with miscarriage and infant loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment